- US households spend over $22 billion on air conditioning costs each year, which emits over 100 Million tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere
- Electricity prices are projected to increase 19% by 2040.
- An Energy Star certified cool roof can reflect up to 66% of solar radiation, which keeps homes cooler and significantly reduces air conditioning costs and emissions.
- 31% of US greenhouse gas emissions come from the generation of electric power. Metal roofs can lower a home’s peak energy demand, which decreases the amount of energy power plants must produce. This reduces both cost and greenhouse gas emissions from the power plant.
- Lower demand also improves the energy grid and decreases the likelihood of power blackouts on hot summer days.
Friday, October 6, 2017
National Energy Facts to Consider When Replacing Your Roof!
Consider these Facts!