- US households spend over $22 billion on air conditioning costs each year, which emits over 100 Million tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere
- Electricity prices are projected to increase 19% by 2040.
- An Energy Star certified cool roof can reflect up to 66% of solar radiation, which keeps homes cooler and significantly reduces air conditioning costs and emissions.
- 31% of US greenhouse gas emissions come from the generation of electric power. Metal roofs can lower a home’s peak energy demand, which decreases the amount of energy power plants must produce. This reduces both cost and greenhouse gas emissions from the power plant.
- Lower demand also improves the energy grid and decreases the likelihood of power blackouts on hot summer days.
Friday, October 6, 2017
Consider these Facts!