Here are a few tips to consider courtesy of Residential Renovations:
- Remove Large Icicles from the gutters.
- Monitor Snow Build-Up on the roof. Excessive snow pack can cause roof damage.
- Keep Sidewalks and Driveways clear of snow and ice. Using salt or sand in these key areas can prevent water from freezing in small cracks and causing bigger cracks.
- Clean Garbage Disposal Blades by grinding up some small ice cubes and/or lemon skins.
- Clean Ovens and Ranges.
- Check the Circuits in your electrical system by turning them off and then back on.
- Check for Drips and Other Leaks from Plumbing Fixtures by inspecting areas around and below all faucets and fixtures.